Sometimes it’s hard to believe that something so healthy, can taste so good. When it comes to this Avocolada Smoothie Recipe, it actually just tastes great. All the Avocolada Tropical Smoothie ingredients pair so well together. The Avocado yields a magnificent creamy texture and is balanced out by the tropical flavors from the pineapple and coconut.
My kids love blended smoothies and juice from our juice extractor. In fact, my kids introduced me to the idea of adding avocado to smoothies. At first it seemed odd, but it really does help pull this recipe together and make it something wonderful. Plus, it does add a little bit of protein and a whole host of other health benefits.
Avocolada Smoothie Recipe Ingredients
- ½ of an avocado (no skin or seed…..of course)
- Handful of baby spinach leaves
- Handful of Kale
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon of coconut butter
- 1.5 cups of frozen pineapple chunks
- 8 ounces of coconut water or coconut milk
- 1 tsp of honey
Health Benefits at a Glance of Avocolada Smoothie Ingredients:
Avocados (1/2 avocado or about 1.75 ounces)
- Vitamin K: 13% of the daily value (DV)
- Folate: 10% of the DV
- Vitamin C: 9% of the DV
- Potassium: 7% of the DV
- Vitamin B5: 7% of the DV
- Vitamin B6: 6.5% of the DV
- Vitamin E: 5% of the DV
Spinach Nutrition facts (about one handful or one cup or 3.5 ounces)
Spinach is packed with Vitamin A, C, K1, Folic Acid, Iron, and Calcium. In addition, Spinach also has a few other vitamins and minerals, including Potassium, Magnesium, and Vitamins B6, B9, and E.
Avocolada Tropical Smoothie Nutrition Benefits – What’s in Kale? (about 1 cup or handful of Kale):
- Vitamin A: 206% of your daily value (from beta-carotene)
- Vitamin K: 684% of your daily value
- Vitamin C: 134% of your daily value
- Vitamin B6: 9% of your daily value
- Calcium: 9% of your daily value
- Copper: 10% of your daily value
- Potassium: 9% of your daily value
- Manganese: 26% of your daily value1
- Magnesium: 6% of your daily value
Health Benefits of Lime
Limes are one of a few amazing and flavorful citrus fruits and they help give the Avocolada Tropical Smoothies some zing. Here’s what a lime’s nutritional value looks like à One whole lime contains roughly 20 calories, 19.5 milligrams of Vitamin C, 22.1 milligrams of Calcium, 4.02 milligrams of Magnesium, & about 0.402 milligrams of Iron.
Beyond what is mentioned above, here are more of the benefits of lime:
- Lime has powerful antioxidant properties and can aid in eye health are believed to protect eyes from aging and macular degeneration.
- Lime juice can help with digestion and in constipation relief.
- Flavonoids from lime may also help with peptic and oral ulcers.
- Lime can also act as a fever reducer.
- Other health and nutritional benefits associated with lime includes helping treat respiratory disorders, decreasing blood pressure, reduction of the presence of LDL cholesterol (aka, the bad one), diabetes management, and more.
The 1.5 Cups of Pineapple Chunks In the Avocolada Smoothie Has:
Pineapple is very high in Vitamin C, which of course, helps boost your immune system. Pineapple also has Vitamins A, B6, & K, Calcium, Folate, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, & Zinc. Pineapple also has something called Bromelain which has properties that help lower inflammation.
When you try this tasty treat, let us know what you think OR is you have any tweaks that make it better.