1. Simple and great tasting snack. Grapes are a wonderful and simple snack. They are so quick to prepare. All you really need to do is give them a good wash. If you are not buying organic grapes, it is highly recommended that you wash them with a special fruit and veggie wash to help remove the pesticides and bacteria.
My favorite way to eat grapes is mixed witha bit of plain yogurt just to coat them and sprinkled with shredded coconut.
2. Vitamin A and vitamin C -immunity boosting. Grapes are a good source of vitamin A and vitamin C which help boost your immune system.
3. Malic acid. The tart taste of unripened grapes is from malic acid which converts to sugar as they ripen. Malic acid helps boost immunity, helps in maintenance of oral health, and promotes smooth skin.
4. Resveratrol -cancer and heart disease. Grapes contain resveratrol which is an antioxidant flavanoid. It is the grape’s skin that gives us the most resveratrol. This flavanoid has been associated with a lower risk of cancer and heart disease. Just as for most fruits and vegetables, the rule is that the darker the color it is the healthier it is. So it is the red and purple grapes that contain the most resveratrol.
5. Blood pressure. Grapes are a good source of potassium and low in sodium which is a great combination to help control blood pressure.
6. Boron -bone health. Grapes contain boron which is a little known nutrient which works in unison with calcium in your body. It plays a very important role in minimizing the risks of osteoporosis and arthritis.
7. Tannins -anti-viral. Studies show that the tannins in grapes can be very potent against various viruses.
8. Ellagic acid -cancer. Grapes, primarily muscadine grapes, have a high concentration of ellagic acid which is a powerful natural antioxidant to help combat cancer.
9. Cinnamic acid -anti-viral and anti-inflammatory. They are high in cinnamic acid which is a phenol that has been shown to have anti-viral and anti-inflammatory benefits.
10. Good candy replacement. Grapes are a superb way to replace candy and other sweets in your child’s diet since they are burtsting with so much natural sweetness and nutrition.
11. Other benefits. Dark grapes have also been found to be beneficial for asthma, memory decline, eye problems, and aging.Tags: superb way, plain yogurt, immune system, Boron -bone health, Resveratrol -cancer, My favorite, vitamin c -immunity, purple grapes, Other benefits, Ellagic acid -cancer