1. Add a few slices of fresh ginger to your tea. This is especially good with lemon herbal tea. Let it steep for 7 to 10 minutes before drinking for the best flavour and health benefits.
2. Try to get some young ginger. This is more likely to be found in an Asian market. It is more tender and will not need to be peeled.
3. Try substituting fresh grated ginger for dried ginger in all of your recipes. You will need about double the amount if it is fresh. You will benefit from a better flavour and more gingerols.
4. Avoid using old ginger. As it ages it becomes more fibrous and tough.
5. Use the little sprouts. If your ginger-root grows little sprouts, don’t hesitate to use them. They have a nice, delicate flavour.
6. Add a nice chunk of ginger to your smoothie. It will add zing to your smoothie and make it even healthier.
7. Make a hot drink with fresh ginger, honey, lemon and garlic for a great healthy boost.
Tags: caption id=, better flavour, to be, little sprouts, health, lemon herbal tea, adding ginger, Tea, ginger tips, food