1. They have one of the highest antioxidant and anti aging profiles of any food. The raspberry is the 7th highest fruit on the ORAC scale. ORAC is a measure of the amount of antioxidants contained in a food. It stands for oxygen radical absorbance capacity.
2. Raspberries are high in anthocyanidines. This is simply an antioxidant which is contained in the deep red/purple colour of raspberries. It is the most abundant plant antioxidant and helps prevent heart disease and cancer.
3. These berries are believed to have a positive effect on mood and concentration. Several studies have suggested this.
4. They are bursting with Vitamin C. Only 2 cups of this berry contains your full daily requirement of Vitamin C. Vitamin C stimulates the production of carnitine which is an amino acid that boosts metabolism rate. And who couldn’t do without a little boost here!
5. Raspberries have a naturally lower sugar content. Just think about their tartness.
6. They have high iron levels. And this iron is more readily absorbed because of the generous amounts of Vitamin C.
7. Berries are an ideal low calorie sweet treat.
8. They are high in fiber which helps control high cholesterol. Fiber provides long lasting steady energy and helps reduce cravings to help with achieving and maintaining a healthy weight. Their insoluble fiber content is right up there with some of the best whole grain sources.
9. They are high in antioxidant ellagic acid. This antioxidant helps liver in detoxification. It helps keep the heart young and regulates cholesterol by its actions with bile in the liver. It also helps prevent cancer.
10. Raspberries contain substances such as quercetin, catechins, and salicilic acid which help to slow aging.
11. They are abundant in flavanoids; the rich red color is proof of this. This phytonutrient along with ellagic acid prevent an overgrowth of fungi and bacteria. This includes Candida Albicans, which is the cause of yeast infections that lead to unreasonable carb and sugar cravings.
12. They provide a healthy dose of potassium while being low in sodium. This helps restore a healthy balance between these two nutrients for a healthier blood pressure.Tags: Ellagic acid, the best, blood pressure, Dietary fiber, berry, rsapberry health, Vitamin C, yeast infections, high cholesterol, Insoluble fiber