1. Decrease stress -Less stuff to take care of and trip over means a lot less stress!
2. Clear your mind -All that extra stuff is taking up thinking time and space.
3. Stop wasting time searching for things -How much time have you wasted looking for something?
4. Breathe easier -less dust!
5. More time for family and fun -Less time on organizing and maintaining your things gives you more time to use the way you would like.
6. Feel better about your home.
7. Have friends over more -How many times have you avoided having friends over because you feel uncomfortable about them seeing your clutter?
8. Room in the garage for the car!
9. Save money -stop buying duplicates.
10. You might even find some lost money! -No kidding you might have money and uncashed cheques lying around in the clutter.
11. Feel better about yourself -You will feel better about yourself and more relaxed with less stuff bogging you down.
12. Feel more in control -You will be more in control of your stuff and it will be less in control of you.
13. Everything looks better -An uncluttered home just looks so much better. All the broken and old things, and piles of things can really detract from looking good.
14. Your living space feels calmer -I have found that being in a less cluttered room just feels so much more peaceful.
15. Have more space -That clutter is taking up a lot of space that might look better and be more functional without clutter.
16. Have more energy -Clutter is a big drain on your energy as well as your time.
17. Emotional freedom from that stuff -It’s time to free yourself from stuff you may be emotionally attached to in an unhealthy way.
18. You might find lost items.
19. Safety -There are many ways that clutter can be unsafe. Think about what may be a threat in the furnace room for example or tripping in cluttered hallways.
20. Someone else may need it -Donate those useful but unneeded items to your local thrift store to help improve the lives of others and be more eco friendly.
21. You don’t want to become a hoarder -nip those hoarder tendencies in the bud.
22. Be a good example to your family -Decluttering is contagious and good habits will always rub off on those around us.
23. Learn to be happy with less -decluttering really changes our mindset to be more grateful for what we have and wanting less to be happy.
24. Make some extra money -You can sell some things on eBay or Kijiji for some extra cash.
25. Save money on storage fees -If you are paying for storage space you may be a able to declutter enough so you won’t need that space any more.
26. Increase your home’s value -A peaceful, spacious looking and decluttered home will look more valuable.
27. Easier to downsize -If you are thinking of downsizing, having less stuff to move and less stuff to find space for will make it easier to make a decision to downsize.